Skip to main content

When you don't matter

 It has been proven to me time and time again how little I matter.   If I feel a certain way about something, it is belittled.  If I am hurt, I am told to apologize to the person who hurt me.  If I state my opinion, I am wrong no matter what the opinion is.    If I were to say "I wish my incubator would have had an abortion" I am told "but then your kids wouldn't have been born.  Everything is always and I mean ALWAYS about someone else.  I am not even remotely considered.  

I hate to be touched and for some reason, I'm wrong.  "Well, you hugged me a couple of times last year".  Yeah...that was me trying to work through the cringe I have when someone touches me.   When I state I hate breathing, it's met with "but you have your grandson".   Let's get one thing perfectly clear...it is because of my grandson that I'm still breathing.  He is the only reason.   I don't live for my family, I don't live for my friends (like they would even give a rats ass if I was dead anyway), I don't live for myself.  I live for my grandson.   There is absolutely no one on this planet who even remotely considers that I have feelings.  I'm just someone to control.  Will my grandson turn into one of those people?  I'm sure he will but until that time...I will live for him. 

I have not mattered to anyone for almost 55 years.  I'm going to enjoy being wanted for the brief time I have the love from my grandson.  Once that is gone, and it will go away someday, I'm going to enjoy it.  As for everyone else...I no longer care.  I'm just a POS in their eyes anyway.  A POS to control, manipulate, belittle and demean.   Who I am and the demons I face mean zero to them.  My hurt FROM their actions means zero to them.  I have a word tattooed on my forehead when they look at me.  It says "doormat" and they have taken full advantage of that.  What do I do to avoid that?  I avoid talking to anyone.  It's not worth it.  I would prefer being a hermit than pretending I'm okay with how little my "friends" consider me.   Friendships aren't important.  Not anymore.